Please forward all resumes to info@BluJuniper.com
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Headquartered in Washington D.C, BluJuniper is a small woman owned business specializing in offering management consulting and IT professional services. Our service offerings include Corporate & IT Governance, Project/Program Management, Data Analytics, Financial Solutions, Cloud implementation, and Cybersecurity.
Job Location Washington, DC Area
As part of our business development team, you’ll build strategic relationships with executives from leading organizations. By understanding their business issues and imperatives and collaborating with other teams, you’ll help to identify and shape the solutions to client issues. Backed by the resources of a global organization, you’ll gain experiences and foster relationships that will support your long-term success.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll be working with the BluJuniper executives and client account teams to proactively develop and execute on markets strategy to maximize growth and achieve targeted results. You enjoy actively contributing to the growth and development of the business development team by taking operational responsibility and accountability for excellent client support and service delivery.
Skills and attributes for success
- Demonstrating market leadership
- Serving as a Business Development Associate Director on core account(s) and/or being responsible for a defined account portfolio as the client facing BD Executive
- Participating in key external events and meetings — client meetings, presentations, and roundtable etc.
- Building and leveraging personal external networks and relationships
- Participating in and/or lead the core account(s) most strategic pursuits
- Executing market strategy and objective
- Working with the leadership team to develop a market execution plan
- Instill Exceptional Client Service (ECS) principles in Service Lines, Market Segments and accounts
- Own and initiate select key relationships in the market
- Overseeing deployment of thought leadership within core accounts and targets
- Monitoring market segment trends, industry issues, and competitive intelligence.
- Analyzing and reacting to business competition and developments to maintain agility and responsiveness to clients’ needs and requirements
- Helping to build and develop a high impact BD organization
- Ensuring business development objectives are met as part of a high impact business development team
- Sales Management
- Deploying and monitoring Sales Management processes, policies and procedures in order to ensure the consistency, efficiency and quality of internal and external customer expectations
- Ensuring continuous improvement in customer experiences through development and deployment of best practice processes
- Driving operational excellence in the following areas:
- Lead generation – uncovering clients’ requirements and hence EY opportunities
- Pipeline — discipline and reporting
- Financial — negotiation, pricing, margin
- Sales and revenue forecasting
- Account planning reviews
- Win/Loss debrief reporting and recommendation
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 10 years relevant working experience in Business Development or Sales management in IT professional services in to the commercial sector
- Proven revenue generating track record through business development, sales, and bidding management
- Possess good network and strong knowledge of the target markets will be advantageous
- Good business acumen with excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Strong project and people management experience, good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and facilitation skills
- Executive presence, able to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise
- Strong proven analytical, conceptual and strategic skills; able to foresee the market potential and develop strategies to grow the business
- Highly motivated, persistent, results driven attitude and able to overcome barriers and get results through people
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with genuine creative flair, and the ability to convey and sell a creative vision to stakeholders and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. To make that happen, you’ll need the strategic skills and executive presence to give authoritative, realistic advice every time. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
Business Development Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Energy Level, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism
Business Development Manager Job Responsibilities:
Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
US citizen only